Ready to learn more?
Welcome to Made in the Shade Blinds & More of St. Louis! Our goal is to offer you the best window covering products in the industry with exceptional service and affordable prices. And the best part is that we bring the showroom to you with our shop-at-home convenience.
Our business model is designed with our complimentary, in-home consultation in mind. We’ll sit down for a few minutes to talk about what you’re interested in seeing, and then bring in the samples so that you can make an informed decision. No matter your product choice, our first goal is to make certain that you are completely comfortable – and educated – with your window covering choices. What sets us apart is that every one of our highly trained, local franchisees are committed to offering you the perfect solution for your windows.
We are proud to stand by our five-point value system, part of our commitment to offer genuine value with every single product we sell:
- Quality: Every single product we sell is made of top-quality materials by the best and most experienced window covering companies in the world. We sell the best because they make the best.
- Customization: Just because every window needs to be covered doesn’t mean you should do what everyone else does. Make each window yours – dare to be different. We make it easy!
- Service: We back up every sale with service. Our goal is to provide stellar care after the sale because every client is a story, and we want your story to be as amazing as your window coverings.
- Warranty: Everything we sell is covered by our manufacturers’ generous warranties. Most of our products carry a limited lifetime warranty. So, not only will we back up our own sales with service down the road, we also work with our trusted vendor partners who back up everything they manufacture. This is peace of mind like no other.
- Price: We all know that price doesn’t always equal value, but when we back it up with the best products and the best warranties in the business, we’re offering great value at a great price. Guaranteed.
Our goal is simple: A comfortable shopping experience where you are able to make informed, educated decisions about your window fashion needs.
Meet the Owners: A Tale of Two Brothers
For Made in the Shade co-owners Adam and Jordan Culbreath, St. Louis is more than just a city — it’s their home.
The two brothers were raised in Wildwood, Missouri, graduating from Eureka High School. Growing up in the St. Louis suburbs, Jordan discovered a passion for music and band while Adam found a long-lasting love for soccer, which he still plays to this day.
As they got older, Adam moved to Kentucky, attending Murray State University to pursue a degree in finance. Two years later, Jordan joined to study music business. At college, their brotherhood was further cemented by both participating in the same fraternity, SigEp.
Adventure has played a large role in the brothers’ lives, whether by water skiing at the lake or travelling to experience new cultures. Adam spent a semester studying abroad in Alicante, Spain, and the Culbreath family has taken several trips to Panama to help build wells for remote indigenous villages for charity David’s Well. Combined, the brothers have seen over 20 countries.
However, home is where the heart is — and for the Culbreath brothers, the greatest adventure of all. Adam and Jordan returned to their roots post graduation to embark on the journey of starting their own business. After discovering the Made in the Shade company, a network of 170 different franchises across the United States, they decided to kick off their own franchise for the St. Louis market.
The birth of Made in the Shade has not only given Adam and Jordan a chance to grow a business and a career, but a way to reconnect with their local origins. Their goal is to not only provide excellent service, but to fill St. Louis with top tier window coverings that have affordable prices, bringing quality and customization to the city they know and love.